What data do we collect about you?
When you interact with Bridges Estate Agent we may collect the following information should you provide it:
• Your full name
• Your full address including postcode
• Your email address/es and telephone number/s
• Your reasons for buying or selling a property
• Your reasons for looking for rental accommodation
• If you are buying a property we will require information relating to your buying position and proof of funds
• If you are selling a property we will require information relating to your ownership of the property
How will we use your data?
We may use your information in a wide range of ways, but particularly for the following purposes:
• Sellers: To effectively market your property and to progress your sale (if applicable). We may pass your information as required to third parties involved in the marketing and progression processes, such as solicitors, surveyors, other estate agents, third party contractors, etc.
• Buyers: To progress and complete your property purchase (if applicable). We may pass your information as required to third parties involved in the sales progression process, such as solicitors, surveyors, other estate agents, third party contractors, etc.
• Property viewers: To obtain feedback after your property viewing has taken place, and to relay this feedback to the seller.
• Prospective buyers: By separate consent, you can choose to register your details and requirements with us so that we can notify you of new properties as they become available.
• Landlords: To contact you in relation to the property you are/intend to let out. To take payments from you where applicable, and to make payments to you where applicable.
• Tenants: To contact you in relation to the property you are renting/intend to rent. To take payments from you where applicable. We may pass your details onto third parties where necessary, such as tradespeople carrying out scheduled repairs to the property.
• To carry out Anti Money Laundering checks under the Money Laundering Directive 2017.
Disclosure of Information
We may pass you information onto third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our contract terms or protect the rights, property or safety of Bridges Property Management LLP, our customers/employees or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies for the purposes of fraud protection.
In order to ensure your information is safe and secure we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic and managerial safeguarding procedures. Paper copies of your data will be stored securely, and data held electronically will be stored on secure password-protected computers and programs. Bridges employees are permitted to access your information as required and third parties may be given limited access where appropriate, such as in the cases mentioned in How will we use your data? and Disclosure of Information sections.
Access to your information
Under the General Data Protection Regulations 2018, you also have the right to ask for a copy of your personal information and to correct any inaccuracies. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to the address below as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Requests can be made in writing or via email and we will respond to your request for information within 30 days of the date your request is received. If you would like a copy of the information that we hold about you, please write to:
Bridges Property Management LLP, 63 High Street, Uppermill, Saddleworth, OL3 6AP or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To ensure your personal data is protected we will need to verify your ID to comply with any request.
Your Right to be Forgotten
You have the right to request that your personal data is deleted/erased, and Bridges will action your request promptly unless we are legally bound to retain them. We will give you a date your data will be deleted by and then we will notify you to confirm that your data has been deleted.
Personal Data Breaches
In order to comply with applicable law we have implemented procedures to detect, report and investigate personal data breaches. A data breach is defined by the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) as;
“A breach of security leading to the destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure or, or access to, personal data.”
The ICO must be informed of any data breaches which present a high risk to our clients and customer’s rights and freedoms and in line with applicable law, a notifiable breach will be reported within 72 hours of us becoming aware of it. The individual(s) involved will also be informed.
If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please write to us at Bridges Property Management LLP, 63 High Street, Uppermill, Saddleworth, OL3 6AP or email email@example.com.